There are a number of different types of locks that fall under the pin tumbler category. We discuss Key-in-Knob (or KIK), Rim Cylinder and Mortise Cylinder locks. The Repining Course includes the following topics.
- Identify the parts of a pin tumbler lock
- Identify and use the tools necessary to disassemble a pin tumbler lock
- Disassemble a pin tumbler lock
- Shim the lock using shims
- Properly use a plug follower
- Use a pinning kit and select the correct pins for repining
- Reassemble the lock